Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

Can a perimenopausal woman take clomid in order to help with

can a perimenopausal woman take clomid in order to help with becoming pregnant? This will be my first pregnancy. Labs are normal. Husband is 45 and his youngest child is 7.
I can understand your anxiety.
Clomid stimulates the release of hormones necessary for ovulation to occur. It is mainly used for treating female infertility. It is used to stimulate ovulation when a woman's ovaries can produce a follicle but hormonal stimulation is deficient. Women going through perimenopause often do not ovulate regularly, and Clomiphene can help to regulate ovulation and increase the number of eggs you release every month. Clomiphene can help produce pregnancy rates of up to 30% per cycle in some women.
I would suggest you to consult your doctor and discuss the issue in details before starting any medication.
Wish you well. God bless