Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What causes tight skin feeling on top and bottom of feet.

what causes tight skin feeling on top and bottom of feet.
10/23/2010
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Welcome to Just Answer...

Since how long are you having this problem?

Any concurrent illness like diabetes, hypertension or heart problem?

Any drugs that you take on regular basis?

Do you have similar problem elsewhere on the body?

Any swelling of the feet?

Regards...

Since March 2010 - no to all- only Evista for bone density but have stopped it in the

last few weeks - no - no

Well there are many reasons for tightening or feeling of tightening of skin of your feet...

This includes;

• Age related skin changes (like callus formation)
  • Neuropathy (which can give rise to sensation of tightening)
  • Scleroderma (a disorder in which there is fibrosis and tightening of skin)
  • Other scleroderma like fibrosing disorders

If this problem has been present for long and persistant, then you must see your doctor for a comprehensive clinical examination which will direct further tests and subsequent management strategy...

While awaiting consultation, you should maintain a good hygiene of the feet, use a soft and well fitting shoe ware, and avoid walking bare foot...

I hope this answers your question...

Kindest Regards...

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor