Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

Ast level of 47--all other liver tests are normal range. Is

Ast level of 47--all other liver tests are normal range. Is this of concern?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would say that your AST levels are slightly above normal range but as your other liver tests are normal so there is no need for concern now. But it is important to repeat liver function tests with in three months to see and compare the levels. You should avoid taking alcohol, avoid taking pain killers. Even heavy work and hard exercise can raise AST levels in blood. Keep an eye and have a regular follow up of liver function tests. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback and bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.