How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DR.EHTISHAM Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2146
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DR.EHTISHAM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I cant close my hands tight, my figers hurt when I try. I

Resolved Question:

I can't close my hands tight, my figers hurt when I try. I have no noticeable swelling, but if I bump a finger it really hurts. Could this be from a medication I am taking?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started



since how long do you have this problem


what medicines are you taking and why


please enter the chat so that we could move on

Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 6 years ago.
Do mention what medical problems do you have and what medications are you using

At which time the pain is maximum

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am taking 2 colestriol pills and a blood pressure pill each day


Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 6 years ago.
can you please name the medicines which you are using

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Lovastatin, niaspan, lisinop/hctz, nexium
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for replying

Your symptom could be related to your medicines

Lovastatin and other statins can cause aches and pain in the muscles along with stiffness without any obvious swelling

Rhabdomyolysis is one of the side effect of statin drugs

Diuretic can cause an impairment in the electrolyte and also intra vascular dehydration that can lead to muscle cramping. As you are on diuretic therapy as well so this is another possibility

I think you should see your doctor and discuss this possibility with him and get an advise

If he agrees it to be the side effect of the medicines than you might need to switch to other drug combinations

Other than the above possibility there could be an inflammation of your joints or muscle in which case you will need to have appropriate investigations like X-rays, muscle enzymes,inflammatory markers and CT scan if required but these can only be advised after examination

BotXXXXX XXXXXne---Do see your doctor as you may need an alteration in your medications

Click ACCEPT if you are satisfied


DR.EHTISHAM and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you