Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

When i move my eyes side to side, i see a flash of light on…

when i move my eyes...
when i move my eyes side to side, i see a flash of light on the left side. why?
10/5/2010
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello
This requires an examination of the retinas, and a pressure examination of the eyeballs by your eye doctor.
This occasionally is due to eye strain.
Glaucoma could be responsible.
Sometimes flashes of light can indicate the beginning or retinal detachment so this really requires an exam as soon as you can get it.
Good luck

DT: Please click on ACCEPT so that I get answer credit. Ask more if needed. Positive feedback the most appreciated. Bonuses the most helpful, especially for multiple answers and long chats. Answers are for educational purposes only.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician