How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr .Saha Your Own Question
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 17813
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr .Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

dull ache in upper leg above knee - has occured twice in 1

Resolved Question:

dull ache in upper leg above knee - has occured twice in 1 week - difficulty walking
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.


I need to know some points regarding your query.

How long are you having this?

Do you have any swelling, redness?

Did you have any test?

Do you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
started one week ago - woke up with pain last monday - pain went away over course of day - came back yesterday on waking - no swelling or redness - no test - no other symptom or illness that i can associate with this
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.
Was it in one or both sides?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
on the left leg only
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

This can be due to muscle spasm or cramps

Muscle spasms usually comes from dehydration, low electrolytes like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, vitamins, dystonia etc.

It can also be present in diabetes, hypothyroid state.


Poor circulation , some medicines also can cause muscle spasm.

You may try some home measures-


Take plenty of fluid, fruits, vegetables .


Regular exercise or a walk daily to keep you active.


Stretching or gentle massage can also be helpful.


Avoid coffee, alcohol, tobacco etc. if you take them.


If it is persisting for a long time you should consult a neurologist or your doctor for investigation to find out any causative factor and treat accordingly.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Dr .Saha and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you