IMDR06
IMDR06, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician and HIV Physician
37530465

My toes are starting to turn black. The big toe the third fourth

My toes are starting to turn black. The big toe the third fourth and baby toe are black at the ends and the baby toe is totally swelled and black and is extremely painful. The back of my heal is also turning black. (purple) What should I do?
Hello...
Are you a runners, and high mileage walkers?
What is your blood sugar level?
Any past medical issue?
Any recent foot injury?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My blood pressure is not high. My sugar is 97. I am a cancer patient currently taking cancer meds.

hi,

what medications, including the cancer medications, are you taking?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
arimidex, vicodin, omeprazole, trazadone, asocol, celexa, tri cor, lipator, diclofenac

hi,

your symptoms are very concerning to me. you could be throwing tiny emboli (clots) to your foot. having cancer causes your blood to become thicker, which makes you more prone to having clots. this could also be gangrene, which is usually seen in diabetics, but not always. being the back of the heel is turning black as well, i am thinking this may be the micro-clots as i mentioned. i would seek immediate attention, as you want to restore the vascular supply to your foot as soon as possible.

Dr. Sciberras

IMDR06, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Internal Medicine Physician and HIV Physician

I don't want to alarm you, but I would go directly to ER and contact your physician on the way. Better to be safe than sorry. Keep me posted.

Dr. Sciberras