Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

Doc, I'm having issues concerning massive headache while

Doc,
I'm having issues concerning massive headache while doing push ups. as of last month I could do 35 push ups straight without any kind of headache today I had to stop at 25 with real severe headache. I join the gym last week (getting ready to join the us army, preparing for my PT test) my trainer start me off with 8 sets of push ups 15 reps with a 2 minute break in between. I started last week saturday I did well no headache... I had three session after that and I suffered with headache on the push ups and had to stop. I could run 1 mile in eight minutes do 35-40 sit ups with no issues. again 3 weeks ago I could do 35 push ups with no issues today I had to stop at 25 due to headache. what am I doing wrong??? I started a new multivitamin last now I'm now using ultra man I was on one a day for years don't know if that's an issue.
I have 2 medical issues, I'm 36 I have high Cholesterol (260) my doctor prescribed me lipitor I started it yedterday.
I also have an issue with my sinuses, bad allergies. last month I had a cold runny nose no big deal, I blew my nose while taking a shower and saw blood on my nose with something hanging out, I rush to the Doctor (nose/ears/throat) he remove a polyps I had a cat scan done and the news I didn't want to hear we need to do surgery son.
my Cholesterol has always been high the issue with my sinuses as always been there again I had no issues doing push ups 2 maybe 3 weeks ago. need some advise please, if needed my e-mail is***@******.***

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing the headache symptoms due sinus inflammation. It is unlikely related to the cholesterol problem. This is likely are temporary problem that will resolve with time. To resolve the problem, I suggest that you use over the counter Zyretc 1 pill daily, and Aleve 1-2 pills twice daily with food as needed. Also, avoid excess push ups for 1 week, you can stay at 25 and then build up gradually again. If this fails to resolve in 1 week, I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor for closer evaluation.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Doc,

I'm currently taking Lipitor would it be okay to take Zyretc???

you stated sinus inflamation I'm a little confuse I feel great I don't have a cold no runny nose. basically if my sinus was inflamated would I have any effects or notice anything, for example runny nose sneezing etc. I only ask this because two weeks ago while doing push ups I was fine and felt good as I feel good right now...

Thank you so much:

You can have sinus inflammation without active running nose or cold symptoms. This sinus inflammation is likely from your allergies. There is no interaction between the lipitor and Zyretc, so it is safe to take them together - but allow 1 hour between each other. Part of the problem is the increase blood flow to the head and neck area during the push ups which become more symptomatic with time for you due to your sinus allergy. In general, this increase in blood flow to the head and neck area would normally occur with push ups, but may not affect the person as much.