Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor
Experience:  Physician
10798432

I've been having trouble pooping.It is hard to poop even

I've been having trouble pooping.It is hard to poop even when it feels like I need to. No matter how hard I push I don't make any progress. It's been five days since I have pooped. I always feel bloated like my intestines are full, but I still always seem to feel hungry. Right after I eat I feel the urge to vomit but I never do. I am constantly tired and spend about 13 hours / day in bed. Even after all that rest I still feel tired all day. Sometimes I feel somthing in my intestines that feels like a creature swimming or a swish of fluids from one side to the other and I can hear a swish. The bloated feeling I have had and ignored for 5 months now and pooping was at regular intervals until recently. I scheduled an apointment with my doctor but he can't see me for 9 days. Do I need to see someone sooner or should I be fine waiting it out? Also if I do need to see somone sooner, where should I go?(hospital? urgent care?...)
Chat Conversation Started
Dr Singh :

Dr Singh :

You can try some over the counter medications such as dulculax. A stool softener such as colace, a fleet enema, and fiber supplements such as metamucil should be very effective

Customer:

hi

Dr Singh :

Continue drinking plenty of water, exercise regularly and eat a diet high in fiber (greens).

Dr Singh :

You should keep the appointment with your doctor. You might require an x-ray of your abdomen or something called KUB to see if you are impacted.

Customer:

ok, so just try those out and see if it helps? what about the persistent bloating I have been feeling for a while?

Dr Singh :

You may also need to be seen by a GI doctor in order to determine the cause of all this

Dr Singh :

the persistent bloating can be due to the fact that you are not having complete bowel movements.

Customer:

kk, will do, I'll go grab some dulcolax and see if that helps any

Dr Singh :

that sounds like a good plan

Dr Singh :

but be sure to keep the appointment with your doctor

Dr Singh :

so the imaging tests can be done and this can be further worked up

Customer:

I will

Customer:

thanks for the answer, just wanted to be sure it wasnt something more dire with the persistant symptoms.