Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have profuse sweating from top of head after minimal

Customer Question
exertion such as taking a...
I have profuse sweating from top of head after minimal exertion such as taking a shower. What is the cause of this and what can I do to eliminate this problem?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
8/11/2010
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 7 years ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Welcome to justanswer.com and thanks for your question.
Do you have associated sensation of heat ?
Any other medical history ?
Since how long have you been suffering from ?
Are you taking any medications ?
Stress and anxiety ?

Yes I do have an associated sensation of heat with the sweating. I do have type 2 diabetes but my blood sugar is fine (110-117) at the time. I am very fatigued most of the time regardless of how much sleep I get. I have osteoarthritis in my right knee and seasonal asthma(allergy associated). I take blood pressure medication, beta blocker, potassium supplement, meloxicam, and lexapro. I have ulcerative colitis and diverticulosis as well as GERD. I take AsaCol and Nexium for these.

As you describe there may be possibility of Hot flashes in your case.
A hot flash is a sudden sensation of heat, usually in the upper body- chest, back, and head, and may be accompanied by perspiration. Other sensations may include heart palpitations and anxiety.
A hot flash may last from about few minutes.
Some of the common causes which can cause Hot flashes include
Hypothyroidism you need to get your thyroid hormones estimated.
Menopause -decrease in estrogen

I suggest you to consult your doctor for further evaluation and management .
I hope this helps.
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Other possible cause include hyperhidrosis which should also be ruled out .
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor