Dr  Jones
Dr Jones, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD-Post graduation.10 years in handling and helping patients.Expert in emergencies and diagnosis.
27521838

My Hemoglobin Alc is 6.3, am I at risk for Kidney failure,

My Hemoglobin Alc is 6.3, am I at risk for Kidney failure, or diabetic neuropathy?
Welcome to just answer.
In most cases Hemoglobin Alc , the normal range is 4-5.9 %. In poorly controlled diabetes, its 8.0% or above, and in well controlled patients it's less than 7.0%. The benefits of measuring A1c is that is gives a more reasonable view of what's happening over the course of time (3 months), and the value does not change as much as blood sugar measurements.Your levels seem to be in normal limits.Hemoglobin Alc is not as such indicator of renal failure or diabetic nephropathy.Any diabetic is at increased risk of renal damage or diabetic nephropathy.But a uncontrolled blood sugar level significantly increase the risk of this kidney changes.The investigations which can help you evaluate your kidneys for their status are sonography and renal function tests.
Please ask if there are further questions or if you want me to explain anything. Thank you.Take care.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Does my Creatinine,Serum of 1.29 or my Glucose,Serum of 114, or Uric Acid of 6 indicate to you current concern for diabetic neuropathy or impending kidney issues?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Does my creatinine,serum of 1.29 or my glucose,serum of 114, or uric acit of 6 indicate to you current conern for diabetic neropathy or impending kidney issues?
Normal levels of creatinine in the blood are approximately 0.6 to 1.2 milligrams (mg) per deciliter (dl) in adult males.Your levels seems normal in level.
Normal Uric acid levels are 2.4-6.0 mg/dL (female) and 3.4-7.0 mg/dL (male).Your uric acid levels are also normal.Even blood sugar level is maintained. And as all these parameters are normal it doesn't seem to be there is any chance of diabetic neuropathy or impending kidney issues at present.