Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a fluttering on the left side of my stomach, with no

pain. First time i felt...
I have a fluttering on the left side of my stomach, with no pain. First time i felt it was last week about three times. Today its been consistent all evening, actually feels like it getting faster. I felt really sick earlier for about ten minuets. It's really low close to my left ovary. Fells like a whoopie cushion being squeezed blowing air softly. I have had a coulpa cysts. Am I ok?
8/6/2010
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Thanks for your question. I would like to have few details from you. any history of heart burns? can you tell me the exact location of fluttering, upper left or lower left or in the center of abdomen? any nausea or vomiting with it?
nausea yes, pain, no. lower left, very low. Just had my menstral, came one week early. Flow was heavier and longer than usual. I did take a pregnancy test yes, neg. Thank you
Thanks for your details. I have reviewed your history & symptoms in detail and come to the conclusion that if fluttering is in the lower left abdomen then following important possibilities which can be responsible for this such as hormonal induced, increase in intestinal movements (increase peristaltic movements), vascular anomaly or disorder, uterine induced contractions, muscular spasms, nerve compression or irritation. I will advise you to have complete evaluation by your primary care physician and have these tests such as EKGs, serum electrolytes, complete blood count, thyroid profile, blood estrogen/progesterone levels, abdominal-pelvic scan. Early evaluation is advised in order to rule out anything serious. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
Thank you_Shukran. Do you think you could narrow it down just a bit, If I go to theOBGYN with a list they might think i'm a hypocondract or whatever.
You welcome and afwan :). It is very difficult to make the exact diagnosis because without tests and examination this is not possible. But as you requested I try to narrow down the list for you such as the few important possibilities which should be investigated and these are hormonal imbalance, increase in intestinal movements (increase peristaltic movements), vascular disorders, uterine induced contractions might be due to inflammation. Follow the guidelines which I gave you and you will find those helpful and don't forget about the tests which I mentioned. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor