How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr .Saha Your Own Question
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 17817
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr .Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hear like a wind sound in my left ear. No fever or headaches.

Resolved Question:

Hear like a wind sound in my left ear. No fever or headaches. Just an annoying
sound in the ear.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.

Since when?

Any previous illness or any problem with this ear?

Is there any aggravating factor?

Thank you.

Edited by Dr .Saha on 8/1/2010 at 4:20 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

One day now. No previous problems. Had a throat cough that started

a couple of days ago. Throat mucus in the morning, when waking.

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

The sound in the ear can be due to tinnitus.

There are many causes for tinnitus , but some times no cause can be evident also.

The causes may be -exposure to loud sound, ear wax, stiffening of bones of the ear or otosclerosis, Meniere's disease etc.

There may be vascular causes like high blood pressure, any blood vessel malformation, or any abnormal flow of blood may lead to this feeling.

Sometimes anxiety , depression or taking of medicines like antibiotics , aspirin , water pills etc. may also cause it.

The other possibility is a block in the Eustachian tube from throat infection as you had.

In this case taking anticold tablets & nasal decongestant can help to open up the tube & relieve the symptom.

If these do not help, you need to consult an ENT specialist to have an examination of your ear.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Dr .Saha and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you