Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

How to get the bowel to move when it is impacted

Customer Question
how to get the bowel to move when it is impacted
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
7/8/2010
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 7 years ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,

Did you try any laxative? or diet changes? Since how long the impaction is there?

Regards.
Have tried nothing. He is trying to pass it out now and it won't go.
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. It is easier to prevent fecal impaction by taking high fiber diet & laxatives. When he is unable to pass now he will likely need some intervention. Warm mineral oil enema to soften the stool, manual breaking of the stool by introducing gloved fingers , suppositories are likely to be needed. I think you should get a consultation with doctor at this point.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish his healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)