Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Here are my symptoms: feels like poison in my body

Here are my symptoms: feels like...
Here are my symptoms:
feels like poison in my body
muscle/joint/bone aches
frequent urination
shortness of breath
heart palpitations
feeling of terror (minor anxiety attacks?)
cold sweats/clammy
brain fog
zaps in my head
changes in my sleep pattern
diarrhea
skin eruptions (possible xanthomas)
fluctuations in blood pressure - normal to 180/125
fatigue
bruise easily
fluctuating tryglyceride levels (280-1800)
headaches
fluctuating liver enzyme/red blood/glucose levels
restless leg syndrome
sciatica (ruptured disc)
I take zoloft gapabentin and ambien.
All sssymptoms comes and goes or all together during major flare ups.
I've had endoscopy/upper GI/extensive liver workup/abdominal ct scan which doesn't show much.
What are some of the possibilities I have not looked at?
7/7/2010
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Hi, I would also check for a pheochromocytoma. It's a tumor of the adrenal gland that secretes excessive adrenaline. So it causes high blood pressure spikes, anxiety, palpitatons and many of the symptoms you have.
I had an abdominal ct scan done about a month ago. wouldn't the tumor show up then?
It can miss it. There is a nuclear scan which is better and the best test is a 24 hour urine collection to measure the adrenaline levels.
How often does it miss? Any other possibilities you can think of?
I can't give you a number , but it's not uncommon for a CAT scan to miss it. It's not the diagnostic test of choice. I think pheo is the most likely next cause to look for. Nothing else comes to mind
I also had a body mri scan done
That still can miss a pheo. Unless you have the nuclear scan and the urine collection, you will not know if you have a pheo.
Could all of these symptoms be caused by stress? At what point do i give up looking for an answer?
I don't think the very high pressure is due to stress. You need to be checked for a pheo. symptoms of pheo mimick stress , but a pheo can kill if not diagnosed and treated.
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
I looked at the abdominal ct scan report which states dcalcification immediately posterior to the distal right ureter without evidence of external ureteral compression. Could this have anything to do with pheo?
I don't think so.
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician