Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 41yr old male.I just had heatstroke yesterday.from…

Customer Question
Hi i am a 41yr...
Hi i am a 41yr old male.I just had heatstroke yesterday.from been out at the lake on sunday.this is emberising .i seem to be urinating a little blood,and it hurts to urinate.how come?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/30/2010
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 years ago

Greetings.

A severe dehydration due to heat stroke can cause kidney injury called as ischemic injury (means lack of blood supply, which occurs due to fall in blood pressure in heat stroke). This may be responsible for the blood in urine. A dehydration can also predispose for the infection and that too can be a concomitant cause for blood in urine. A good hydration by fluids, water, electrolyte solution and sports drinks should be able to correct it. But an ultrasound of the kidneys, blood electrolytes, serum creatinine, blood urea (kidney function tests) and urine examination is essential. You need to go to ER or an urgent care clinic.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun