Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Was arrested for ouid but toxicology report showed only

Customer Question
3ng/ml of lorazapam in blood...
was arrested for ouid but toxicology report showed only 3ng/ml of lorazapam in blood is that high or low
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/30/2010
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

This is a relatively low drug level, although some people are more sensitive than others. Although the expected drug level wold vary by the dose, a 2 mg dose of lorazepam typically yields a peak drug level of 20 ng/ml. There is no clearly defined threshold for impairment with lorazepam as there is with alcohol. Part of the determination of impairment is dependent upon the clinical assessment of the degree of impairment.