Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 61 year old female. I was diagnosised with

Customer Question
I am a 61 year...
I am a 61 year old female. I was diagnosised with fibromyalgia 10 years ago. I was given topamax for pain and I started experiencing pain in my hands, feet, and buttocks that felt like razor blades. I was given a nerve and tissue damage tests and told that I have permanent nerve and tissue damage. The medication had reactivated some previous spinal injuries that I had incurred earlier in life. I was then prescribed cymbalta which has been a great help with pain management. However, I still experience a level of pain each day, especially on humid days and days that we have barometric pressure change. About three or more months ago I started itching and experiencing patches of red bumps in my eyebrows, in my scalp, and patches of red scales around my mouth. My eyebrows started coming out and now I have a patch of hair about the size of half of my fist that has fallen out. However, the good news is that there are very short hairs coming back in the scalp area. I have changed all my hair products, make-up, and soaps. Still I am having this problem I have been to three dermatologists, two allergists, and my internist who has done some blood work to see if there are any problems with autoimmune diseases. I am now waiting on that test results. One of my allergist suggested that I may need to stop using artificial sweetner, which contains aspertame. He says that this can turn to formaldyhyde in the body and I am allergic to formaldyhyde. My question is: Is there a way to detox my body naturally without interferring with the other medications that I have been perscribed? I take crestor, cymbalta, zonisamine, rhinocort aqua, hydroxizine, allergra, calcium,vitamin D, Fish Oil,and Cinnamon.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/29/2010
Doctor: Dr. B., Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Do you wish to know about detox diet?please mention

Yes and if you think that this will help the problem?

Dear Jacustomer,

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

The most common method of detoxifying is water fasting which consists of 8 to 10 glasses of water per day.The detox diet helps cleanse the body,mostly the vegetarian diet. I will suggest to take raw fruits in the morning and vegetables for lunch and dinner.Raw fruits and vegetables have high content of fiber and eating lots of them can help detox the digestive tract.Vitamins that contain Alpha Lipoic Acid/Q10 coenzyme and Choline are good antioxidants,so that too should be taken,as it also helps.
This diet will not interfere with your prescribed medications,so you can take them too.

Thanks

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button so that I may get credit for my work.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.