Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been diognosed with too much calcium in the blood.

Customer Question
Hi i have been diognosed...
Hi i have been diognosed with too much calcium in the blood . Could you reccomend what to do or not to do? thank you .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/29/2010
Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi as there are number of possible reasons associated with raised calcium level such as over use of vitamin D which helps in the absorption of calcium,it can becaus of overactivity of parathyroid gland that regulates calcium activity,it cab be because of multiple myeloma,it can be because of lung cancer,disease effecting bone .In your case as you mentioned that you took tab vitamin D so you should get your vitamin D level to see any increase in its level and also get parathyroid hormone level to see its level,and after doing these test proceed further.Stop taking any vitamin D tablets and calcium containing foods such as milk.After getting test consult your dr for further advise.

Regards.