Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I need to find a doctor willing to prescribe pain medication

for severe pain....
I need to find a doctor willing to prescribe pain medication for severe pain.
6/29/2010
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Where do you need to find a pain specialist? I will try to help you.
What is the cause of the pain?

I do not know the cause. I just was reading the governments DEA website of how online consultation is not sufficient under law to prescribe narcotics

and nor is it legal to buy narcotics and import them from other countries.

so my pain is in my lower back. I have a MRI scheduled for Thursday. And I am in a lot of pain. My dentist had taken some wisdom teeth out and prescribed me lortab 10mg. That helped considerably and I wanted to let a doctor know that it helped but did not sufficiently take away all my pain.

and I feel very uncomfortable asking a doctor for specific narcotic, but I need a strong one like hydromorphone or oxycodone oxymorphone along with hydrocodone.

my family doctor does not prescribe pain meds.

and I went to see a nurse practitioner today and she told me I had lower back nerve damage in three areas and suggested doing a nerve block but wouldn't prescribe pain meds until she sees my MRI.

and I just want to feel comfortable about seeing a doctor about pain medication.

I don't want it to go on forever, but while I need the help: I want the help doctor.

I can't understand why the nurse wouldn't prescribe pain meds until the result of MRI. It could be temporary. You are suffering from severe medication. Where do you live? I will try to find a pain doctor who could prescribe pain meds for a while.

Thank You So Much Sir

I live in Corinth, Mississippi

I am a legitimate patient.

I will follow all rules set by a doctor prescribing narcotic medication

And I will obey the law.

Dyersburg Pain Center
Lisabeth Smolenski
1950 Hwy 51 Bypass
STE C
Dyersburg, TN 38024(###) ###-####/p>

Walker's Pain Management
Charles A Walker
707 E Wood St
Paris, TN 38242(###) ###-####/p>

Alan J Kraus
3012 Centre Oak Way
STE 102
Germantown, TN 38139(###) ###-####/p>

Christine Kasser MD
320 Walnut Bend S
STE 5
Cordova, TN 38018(###) ###-####/p>

Semmes Murphey Clinic
Roger S Cicala*****br />Memphis, TN 38120(###) ###-####/p>

Mays & Schnapp Pain Clinic & Rehab Center
Kit S Mays or Moacir Schnapp
55 Humphreys Center
STE 200
Memphis, TN 38120(###) ###-####/p>

Phillip E Green MD*****br />STE 502
Memphis, TN 38119(###) ###-####/p>

***** ***** MD*****br />STE 502
Memphis, TN 38119(###) ###-####/p>

Parker Pain & Rehab Center
Autry J Parker*****br />STE 802
Memphis, TN 38119(###) ###-####/p>

J Pervis Milnor MD*****br />STE 8
Memphis, TN 38119(###) ###-####/p>

khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

Thank You so much for the information Doctor!

I need to know, if you have a quick sec to tell me, how I should contact these doctors.

Do they know you?

I actually had a bad neck "crick" and pain today and I do not wish to go back to the nurse practitioner who saw me yesterday and injected Lidacain into two areas in my neck.

She also wants to do a nerve block. I am not comfortable with that done at her office and with her doing it.

I just need something for pain right now and then schedule therapy and all I need to do afterwards.

Can you guide me as to what to say when I contact these doctors?

I am a little nervous, sir.

You just call them and make an appointment. I don't know them.
If you have the treatment and temporary pain medication, you should go to the following clinic. Call them and make an appointment. OrthoMemphis PC seems to be better than Spine Specialty Center.

OrthoMemphis PC

David J Dowling or Michael J Sorensen*****br />Memphis, TN 38120(###) ###-####/p>

Spine Specialty Center
Stephen L Gipson*****br />STE 400
Memphis, TN 38119(###) ###-####/p>
You says you have a severe pain in the neck and you want temporary pain medication until the problem is diagnosed and the treatment is performed.

Thank You Doctor. I very much appreciate this. And I know my Father in Heaven does too.
You are welcome.
khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor