Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

64 year old male has tingle and sensitive from bottom of…

Customer Question
64 year old male...
64 year old male has tingle and sensitive from bottom of feet at night time when I go to bed.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
Doctor: Ken, Postgraduate doctor replied 8 years ago
Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Since when are these symptoms there? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition/ are you on any medication?
the top had a burning senstion and quit and now the bottom is bothering me. I am on high blood pressure medicine (norvas) and hytrin. fish oil for chestorol and was taking B6
I can understand your anxiety.
We need to consider few causes. The cause can be related to nerve irritation {at the spine level or at its course}. Irritation of the nerve can be due to pinching from osteophyte or bulging inter vertebral disc. Other causes include vitamin B12 deficiency/ thyroid imbalance/ diabetes/ medication/ alcohol or tobacco/ abnormal mineral levels/ demyelination disease. Other possibility is narrowing of small vessels leading to less blood supply.
I would suggest you to have a physical check up along with few investigations like nerve conduction test/ MRI Brain and lumbar spine/ blood tests to clinch the diagnosis. Treatment will follow.
Till than take care of your lower limbs/ have balanced diet and adequate fluid/ take daily vitamin pill/ avoid alcohol and smoking.
Please do not worry, you will be fine soon. God bless