Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Hi, About 1-2 months ago I was a strip joint and a woman…

Customer Question
hi, About 1-2 months ago I...
hi,
About 1-2 months ago I was a strip joint and a woman grabbed my penis and scrotum before I could stop her. She had spit on her hand (and jerked it a few times)...Since then I have had a hard time with Jock itch. I finally got that under control, and then I had this hard red bump appear on my scrotum on the side wall between by scrotum and inner thigh.I went to my GP and she thought it was follicitis. I did Epsom baths and topical antibiotic and it went away (or so I thought). It has reappeared and it is still red and feels like a solid bump. I have another one (further down the scrotum on the same side towards the perineum). They are getting irritated by my underwear. I dont think it is an STD, but I am nervous. I should mention that I sweat a lot..
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
Doctor: Family Physician, Doctor replied 8 years ago
If this was indeed folliculitis, you should be treated with a oral antibiotic. When folliculitis involves this area, antibiotic courses often take more than the "standard" 10 days prescribed by many physicians.
I was asking whether or not you agree that it is follicilits. I have since gotten another diagnosis confiming it is follicitis.
Folliculitis sometimes takes longer courses of antibiotics. If you were only treated for the common 7-10 days, this may not have been long enough to completely resolve the infection. Sometimes 3 weeks or longer are required.