Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can you get aids from saliva

Customer Question
can you get aids from saliva
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/29/2010
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Thanks for your question. I would say it is less likely to get HIV from oral sex but if there are open wounds in the mouth of an infected person then there is chance of getting HIV due to contact with blood. There is very low incidence rate from oral sex but theoretically yes you can get but incidence is very low. The only way to confirm is to have HIV test done for mental satisfaction and to rule out the possibility of HIV. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed