Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been having pretty bad lower abdominal pains for two…

I've been having pretty bad...
I've been having pretty bad lower abdominal pains for two days now. Yesterday, I woke up with pains and thought it was just constipation or something but it didn't go away after a BM. I ended up throwing up 4 times within 3 hours or so, even though all I had that morning was half a rice pudding and a bottle of water. The nausea has mostly stopped but I'm still having pains, mostly when I stand. I don't have health insurance and can't find a walk-in with a payment plan. Should I wait it out or does it seem serious?
6/29/2010
Doctor Ellis
Doctor Ellis, Doctor

What side of your lower abdomen is it?

Any burning with urination?

Fever?

Yesterday it was my whole stomach and seemed better when I was standing

Today it's my lower, and seems to hurt more if i bend my right leg up.
The pain isn't so bad that I can't walk but it's definetly uncomfortable and I can't stand up straight.

No burning with urination, all that seems normal. I seem to be going through liquids fairly fast. I've been trying to take in more water because since last night I've also had a massive headache (which I'm guessing is because of the vomiting yesterday)

No fever

I suggest that you make a trip to your local Emergency room ASAP.

Your symptoms are VERY suggestive of appendicitis. If this is not diagnosed and treated it can become very serious.

They will most likely do a CT scan on your abdomen to diagnose you.

I hope this was helpful! If so, please click on the green ACCEPT button.

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

Feel free to ask if you have more questions....

Feedback is appreciated!

Doctor Ellis
Doctor Ellis, Doctor
thank you- i will leave more feedback

I'm currently trying to find a hospital with a payment plan... the part that sucks is, my insurance kicks in Aug. 1st

I would not wait too long while researching. I would go to the local County Hospital that takes uninsured patients and worry about the payment later. If you have a ruptured appendix then it could get worse.

Just wanted to let you know, I went in to the hospital that night and it did turn out to be appendicitis...... after 3 long days in the hospital, I finally got to go home sans appendix- thank you :)