Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Actuly some times my right testicle becomes more bigger the…

Customer Question
hey doc.. actuly some times...
hey doc.. actuly some times my right testicle becomes more bigger dan the other one...its like a bunch of vessels bec whn i press it, it sounds like water flowing...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
Doctor: Dr. Tharun, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Doctor

Is there any dragging pain in the testicle?

Does it become uncomfortable to stand for long times?

Any redness or color changes?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
no their is no pain bt ya it becomes uncomfortable to stand for long time n their is no color change or redness....bt it was like when it becomes bigger n i press it then again it becomes normal for smetime...

By the description of the symptoms it seems like varicocele of the testicle.The veins of the testis can become dilated and have a bag of worm feeling when you touch it.

It has to be confirmed with the help of doppler of the scrotum.If positive it is to be corrected by surgery (ligation) or radio intervention like embolization of the veins.It can be done laparoscopically.

In the mean time wear a good scrotal support to keep the veins compressed.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Dr.Tharun
n surgery is to be done in certain period or whenever..n how much it normally cost??

The varicocele is said to be harm your sperm producing capacity of the testicle by increasing the temperature of the testicle.So earlier the better.
Cost can differ from procedure to procedure, but all will be day care procedures with no much hospital stay.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Dr.Tharun