Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I ama disabled senior who cannot sleep due to sever pain…

Customer Question
I ama disabled senior who...
I ama disabled senior who cannot sleep due to sever pain from
my advanced arthrits`.In thepast, I was prescribed generic 2.mg xanax.Now my doctor is retired and I am homebount.Ordering online would be a great blesing to me How can I complete this process?
+
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
Doctor: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 8 years ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
tatus: We're Waiting For You
Value: $25
SMS Text Alerts
Asked by you on Monday, June 28, 2010 8:15 PM EST
1 Accept / 3 Answered Questions
I ama disabled senior who cannot sleep due to sever pain from my advanced arthrits`.In thepast, I was prescribed generic 2.mg xanax.Now my doctor is retired and I am homebount.Ordering online would be a great blesing to me How can I complete this process? +
Optional Information:
Gender: male
Age: 61
Already Tried:
viox,celebrex,Peroset.None of these was as effective as the xanax. Additionally, the other meds cause me a good deal of stomach distress.
tatus: We're Waiting For You
Value: $25
SMS Text Alerts
1 Accept / 3 Answered Questions
Optional Information:
Gender: male
Age: 61
Already Tried:
viox,celebrex,Peroset.None of these was as effective as the xanax. Additionally, the other meds cause me a good deal of stomach distress I am not currety taking any iantiimflamotory drugs because thet coue me gatron.
tatus: We're Waiting For You
Value: $25
SMS Text Alerts
1 Accept / 3 Answered Questions
Optional Information:
Gender: male
Age: 61
Already Tried:
viox,celebrex,Peroset.None of these was as effective as the xanax. Additionally, the other meds cause me a good deal of stomach distress I am not currety taking any noninflammatory drugs because thet coue me stomach problems I forsee knee replacement in the near future, but unil that time, I require a perscription for Xanax SO i CAN GET MUCH NEEDED SLEEP.mY MAin pain is located in my right knee, and I suspct that an old college football injury is somewhat to blame.Please writeme the prescription so I can experience some sense of normalcy in my life, Thank you for your most kind attention to this matter.
Dear sir,

Xanax is a controlled substance because of it's potential addicting nature. Therefore the prescribing of this drug has to be done under the supervision of a physician.

I am sorry but I am unable to write any prescription for you. My purpose in this venue is to try to understand your concerns and offer you the best advice that I can. I am not allowed to develop any other doctor-patient relationship with you.

Please try to understand. You do need the professional care of a physician to bring about a resolution to your concern. There are ways to bring this about. Start by calling your doctors office and get their advice as to how you can get a visit scheduled to improve your quality of life.

God bless,

Dr. Frank MD

P.S. Please keep me informed. Send an update should you have any news regarding our discussion. Just direct it to Dr. Frank MD. I will appreciate it.
Dear Doctor Frank,
I trust that you will not take offence to my pointing out to you that I am homebound and non-ambulatory. additionally, I SUFFER FROM PROFOUND HEARING LOSS IN BOTH EARS AND MY SPECIAL PHONE EQUIPMENT AND DEVICES ARE IN DISREPAIR AND MY FIXED INCOME DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO GET NEW EQUIPMENT.I simply wanted to avoid having to be transported via an ambulance and waiting on a gurney for hours in a hospital hallway, as is usually the case.I answered all of your questions and I believed you had sufficient information to write a one time courtesy prescription.I simply dread having the ambulance picking me up in front of my home.
I hope you can realize my plight..Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.