Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is there anything medically that can be done about premature…

Customer Question
is there anything medically that...
is there anything medically that can be done about premature ejaculation? it is causing a severe burden on my marriage
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/28/2010
Doctor: Doctor Ellis, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Doctor Ellis
Doctor Ellis, Doctor

Do you also have erectile dysfunction?

not at all in fact after i ejaculate i stay erect but just not as 100% attention maybe more like 85%

Thank you for the information!

Premature ejaculation is the most common sexual dysfunction in men under the age of 40 so you are not alone! It is typically thought to be a psychological disorder and not a physical one. With this said the most important treatment is to seek out a sexual therapist who is experienced with this sort of thing. They will be able to give you AND your wife ways to better deal with the issue and techniques to help cure it.

Other things that are used are desensitization creams that are applied directly to the penis, and certain anti-depressants called SSRIs if your doctor thinks that they are indicated.

Here is a more complete explanation of the treatments and some of the techniques:

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/435884-treatment

I hope this was helpful! If so, please click on the green ACCEPT button.

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

Feel free to ask if you have more questions....

Feedback is appreciated!