Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have alot of pain and stiffening in my ankles. I have a…

Customer Question
I have alot of pain...
I have alot of pain and stiffening in my ankles. I have a lot of spyder viens and bruseing around and above both ankles. I'm a 52 yr old male. Wondering what is causing this.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/28/2010
Doctor: Dr.tiwari, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
Chat Conversation Started
Dr.tiwari :

Dr.tiwari :

Will you please answer me some questions so that i can help you -

Dr.tiwari :

1.Since when it is there?

Dr.tiwari :

2.What are the aggaravating or relieving factors for this?

Dr.tiwari :

3.Involvement of other joints?

Dr.tiwari :

4.Presence of swelling or reddness over this area?

Dr.tiwari :

Please reply.

Customer:

Its been going on for a few years. Have not noticed anything aggravating it. Yes, my knees are also stiff and achy to. 20yrs ago I had one knee re cunstructe. Have not noticed any swelling.

Dr.tiwari :

Thanks for information.

Dr.tiwari :

Looking at your age & your symptoms & history of knne problems it looks that you may be having arthritis of the ankle .You should do following to have relief in this-

1.Wear shoes with soft spongy soles of good quality.You should change your old shoes & should not use a shoes more then 6 months.

2.For relief of the pain you may have an anti inflammatory analgesic like advil or alleve.If you are facing severe pain & stiffness then you

Dr.tiwari :

may have a combination of tramadol with pracetamol like in ULTRACET.

Dr.tiwari :

3.Have a x ray of the ankle to check for the grade of the pathology .You should start taking a combination of glucosamine sulphate & chondroitin sulphate.This is available OTC.

Dr.tiwari :

4.Do warm fomentation over the ankle with warm bag.

Dr.tiwari :

5.Consult to your doctor who may give you relief by using a local injectable steroid preparation.Which does give good result in relieving tha pain.

Dr.tiwari :

Hope this will help you.

Dr.tiwari :

If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.