Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is the best way to treat a small genital wart that

Customer Question
hasn't responded well to freezing...
What is the best way to treat a small genital wart that hasn't responded well to freezing off. It's been frozen off professionally twice and by myself once. Each time it grows back seemingly stronger. Help!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Doctor: Dr.tiwari, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
Chat Conversation Started
Dr.tiwari :

Dr.tiwari :

If you have already used the frozen method & if it was not effective then you may use podoflox solution in gel or cream form & in concentration of .15%.It should be used for two times a day for three days.

Dr.tiwari :

Hope this will help you.

Dr.tiwari :

Let me know if you have any query.

Customer:

That's all?

Customer:

Do you mean Podofilox?

Dr.tiwari :

Except it the other treatment which can be used is electrocautery.But that is bit painful.

Dr.tiwari :

Yes.

Dr.tiwari :

Are you there?

Customer:

Do you need an Rx for podofilox?

Dr.tiwari :

No,You should have it on prescription.

Customer:

So I do need a prescription?

Dr.tiwari :

Yes,But you may use it at home as per given directions.

Dr.tiwari :

Are you there?

Dr.tiwari :

If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.