Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a dull aching pain in my lower left abdomen, half way…

Customer Question
I have a dull aching...
I have a dull aching pain in my lower left abdomen, half way between my pubic bone and hip bone. It also hurts directly in my lower back or SI joint at the same time. The back hurt first for a few days and now the front hurts as well. It hurts enough to wake me up and hurts without me moving. What might this be??? Help!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/27/2010
Doctor: Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer:

Conditions that should be considered based on the dull aching left lower abdominal pain with extension to the lower back and hip bone includes sciatic or pinched nerve pain, or inflammatory or ischemic bowel condition. I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor for closer evaluation with CT Scan and/or MRI of the lower abdomen and lower back, lower endoscopy, complete count count, chem-8 , KUB and urinalysis. If this pain is due to pinched nerve, to help resolve the pain your doctor can prescribe Lyrica or Neurontin, in addition, to ice/hot compresses, rest and applying over the counter ICY HOT analgesic to the lower back. In the meantime, I suggest that you use over the counter Priloesc 1-2 pills twice daily or antacid at least 30 mins before using Aleve or Advil to protect against stomach lining erosion.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.