Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had complete right knee replacement in Nov 2009. I went…

Customer Question
I had complete right knee...
I had complete right knee replacement in Nov 2009. I went thru a lot of therepy. Ended up having to have March 11 the knee broken up of scare tissue. Byt by Monday March 15th it was froze up again. kept up with therepy but the scar tissue is still real bad. Went to another dr for 2nd option. He took xrays and said everything was fine. The new knee was all in line. He said I am just going to have to fight the scar tissue. He could go in and scope and get out as much as possible or go back open it us take the spacer out and scope the back of the and put new spacer in. He thinks most of tissue might be in the back of my knee. One week I cant bend it and we work on that the next we have to work on straigthen it. We had it 105 bending and 3 straight. But know I have been sick for 6 days couldnt go so we will probably have to start over. This has made my whole body so strained seems like I am always sick. Upper respitory. I am also a type 2 diabetic,high blood pressure (not real big problem but on meds to watch) . Sugars are getting back in order. Is there anything else to help with the scar tissue.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/27/2010
Doctor: DOCDEV, Doctor replied 8 years ago
DOCDEV
DOCDEV, Doctor

hello

get passive exercises for the knee.

local injections of steroids or hyaluronidase might also help.keep your blood sugar in control.

What is hyaluronidase? Problem is the pain for everyday life. Ihave to set at desk for eight hours. no way to elevate or ice and do what I need to do. Pain meds do not help so I dont take them like I need to to really work on exercise. which makes my sugars high. cant take off work anylonger.

hyaluronidase is an enzyme that dissolves scar tissue/fibrous tissue.Steroids decrease formation of scar tissue,but you being a diabetic,and obese should be careful with that.

lifestyle changes are absolutely imperative,there is no magic injections or pills that will make things better.

Is hyaluronidase something I can get from the dr or what. Yes whenever i get steroids my sugars go out of control.

Yes I know there is no macic injections or pills for LIFE. Believe my I have tried many in my lifetime for all medical help. I guess if there was i wouldnt have any problems. but again the knee problem is the source of lots of my problems. I just needed a little help to see if any thing to help. My theripist said she is not going to give up on me she is really good but baffled too.

yes,you will need a prescription for injection hyaluronidase from your doctor.

continue with your therapist ,ask her about passive exercises for your knee that you can get done at the desk.

medical help has its limitations,please do look around for alternatives.

Thank you for your help.

good luck to you

your treating physician should be proud of you too,it takes a lot of guts to accept physical discomfort and keep working.

I hope so. It is just getting harder and harder. Also effecting personal life to. I just get so depressed. My husband of 37 years is still full of life and wanting to retire but I just cant enjoy and do things like I did in the past. I can tell from his reactions he is getting tired of this too. esp when we are with others and I cant do things he wants to do.
i can understand your concerns,but then change is the only constant in this life.Go on doing what you can ,keep up with what you think is right and God will help you.do not be depressed.