Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had gastricbybass in 2003, i now weigh 185- i started at…

Customer Question
i had gastricbybass in 2003...
i had gastricbybass in 2003, i now weigh 185- i started at 267 and got down to 128- is it possible to gat a lap bad?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/27/2010
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
A lap band would be redundant [over done].
Since the stomach is already bypassed; however, what then would be done is called a lap band revision, in which the bypass is revised into a lap band procedure. So the answer is yes, it can be, and is done. Bariatric specialist consider this an improvement and a continuance toward weight loss goals for patients. This is the specialist you would need to see.
Good Luck
Find me for any question in the future by asking for me in the title.
dt
Please click accept to give answer credit. Positive feedback the most appreciated. Bonuses the most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only.