Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a cathdone Monday morning to put two more stents in my…

I had a cathdone Monday...
I had a cathdone Monday morning to put two more stents in my legs. Since then my teclicles have been painful. Any suggestions?
6/27/2010
Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Hello and welcome to justanswer!

Did you have an aneurysm in the legs?

Do you have any kidney problems ?
Any history of trauma?

No. The stents (7 over three years for PAD. This is my third time with the caths: First two; then three; this time two more. No trama (except for caths). Had no testicle pain the first two experiences.

No kidney problems in my life.
Is there any swelling besides pain , or fever?

No swelling or fever. This time I wasn't even bruise up in the groin? Just a dull pain in my testicles that won't subside. Nothing visible at all.

Thank you very much for your kind input.

From the history of PAD stents you described , there seems to be no apparent association of he two conditions, except , a referred pain from the ( if that is located closely) operation site.Because , one complication of the procedure is displacement of the clots from the site of the procedure which sometime can go top any are of the body causing pain and discomfort ( if small size) .There is a possibility that if the procedure is done on the back of your legs , the testicles have been traumatized because of your posture .I will advise you to have first hand check up by your surgeon who did the procedure and if needed do a Doppler ultrasound of the testicles.Good luck.
Hope i have answerd your question.
Dr. Haroon Iqbal

I think incidental inflamtion too. Will call the radiologist in the morning.

One more question: How are you a Doctor with a Bachelor's Degree?

Thanks,

I intend to accept your answer.

this is it, it looks like more of an incidental inflammation then a clear cut well defined complication of the procedure.
About , myself , and thank yo very much for asking this question.I have a bachelor's degree in medicine but additionally have a diploma in public health , with more than 15 years of clinical( medicine and surgery , gynea and public health experience).G.od bless