Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

The head of my penis is internally swollen, no pain and the…

Customer Question
The head of my penis...
The head of my penis is internally swollen, no pain and the penis looks normal
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/26/2010
Doctor: Dr Singh, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor
Since when do you have these symptoms?

Any recent unsafe sexual activity?

Any difficulty in urination?

Hey

Just noticed, 3days.

No

No

Feels like there are hardened areas on the last 3/4 of the lenght, one on each side, like it is split by the center tube. No pain

The most likely cause of your swelling is an infection either a balanitis or phimosis. However, since you are not having any other symptoms you can treat this at home by gently retracting the skin and washing it with warm water and soap a few times a day. Should you develop more systemic symptoms, such as fever, chills, urinary problem, etc then you should go see your physician for further workup and treatment. Regards.
I have no lose skin, the tubes on the inside are hard, just in the last 3/4 of the length. From loking on line it appears there are three sections, the center passing pee is ok, its the two on the sides, just at the end.
Thank you for the additional information. The two likely causes are still balanitis/phimosis. You may want to try to gently, manually stretch the foreskin over a period of time in order to provide some relief. And try to keep the area as clean as possible. If your symptoms do not go away in a another couple of days, I would recommend that you see your doctor as you may require additional intervention.
Regards.

Doc

I dont agree, but I do understand it is difficult, please give it another thought. I can pee fine. The hardness is defined by a picture of the head of a penis, the center tube is ok, the other two, just at the end are hardned.

Thank you for your kindness

Doctor: The Physician, Doctor replied 8 years ago
The Physician

Greetings

Welcome to justanswer.com

The penis internally is made up of three rod-like tubular tissue

The Middle one which has the urine tube (urethra) is called corpus carvernosa, it is soft and remain so even during erection.

The two side ones called corpus spongiosus, are like foam and soak up blood during erection. They continue into the head of the penis.

When the penis is erect they are hard, but in a limp penis it is supposed to be soft.

So If you noticed any hardness in the two side tubes at the head, when your penis IS not erect. THIS IS ABNORMAL.

The commonest cause is if there is blood clots at the end of the spongiosus.

You will need a physical examination by an urologist and possibly a penile ultrasound