Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

At the base of my back is a slight lump,which dosent give me…

Customer Question
At the base of my...
At the base of my back is a slight lump,which dosent give me any discomfort. not even sure how long i have it. wondering could it be cancerous
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2010
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Welcome to Just Answer...

Is it soft/firm/hard to touch...

Does it moves if you try, or is it fixed..

Any symptoms do you have?

Regards...

its firm andit moves if i try,perfectly healthy otherwise

Thanks for the input...

Well the most likely possibility is that of a "Lipoma"... These are benign tumors of fatty tissue...Can be single or multiple, and are asymptomatic and not life threatening...

Nothing needs to be done at all if there are no symptoms, however, they can be removed surgically if there is pain or if they are causing cosmetic disfigurement...

You should, however, must get a medical consultation for a comprehensive clinical examination, which will give you the exact diagnosis...

I hope this answers your question...

Kindest Regards...

What would likely symptons be.

Well it usually does not cause any symptom, however, it can cause pain...

Regards...