Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to start by being straight up with my problem.

Customer Question
im trying to get help...
i would like to start by being straight up with my problem. im trying to get help with my addiction "meth" i have a bed waiting for me on monday but i slipped yesterday and im afraid they will not admit me if i test positive monday. is there anything i can do to get this poison out of my system within the next 24 hours? i need this support they are offering so that i can salvage what i have let meth take away. thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/26/2010
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Unfortunately, there is no effective method to clear drugs out of your system faster than it would normally be cleared. Different people will metabolize drugs at different rates, and many people will clear the meth within three days. Drinking plenty of fluids will help flush the system, but the effect that this has on the length of time that the test will remain positive is trivial, and excessive dilution of the urine may act as a red flag in the urine test.