Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the past 3-4 days, ive had a creamy/milky taste in my…

Customer Question
hi, for the past 3-4...
hi, for the past 3-4 days, ive had a creamy/milky taste in my mouth, i have no idea why this is? any idea? even when i brush my teeth its still there. is there anything i can take for this? i read online it could be something to do with too much protein, or i may need to change my diet, but my diet is generally good.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/26/2010
Doctor: Dr. Haroon Iqbal, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Hello and welcome to justanswer!

There could be few reasons for this taste.One , there is a possibility that you are deficient in Vit.D and Iron so take these vitamins and do a CBC .Also sometimes there is bacterial infections in mouth causing Aphthous ulcers or slight stomatitis with such taste.Use pineapple juice and antibiotics after seeing your dentist.Sometimes , a renal issue can cause such a taste, so please do a urine R/E and a renal function test.Good luck.
Hope i have answered your question.
ok, well what type of food can i eat for iron? i dont really eat alot of food with iron in it. so it could be that, it usually comes on of a night. ive been weeing fine and so i doubt its a bladder problem. whats a CBC? would multivitamins affect this taste? or too much protein or is that a myth?
A CBC is 'Complete Blood Count'.This test will tell the real picture of your blood , and if there is iron defficiency.You must use iron rich foods and for details of such foods please follow this link.
http://pediatrics.about.com/od/nutrition/a/06_iron_foods.htm
You can do serum protiens , but i doubt if they produce such tatse.Instead of taking supplementary multivitamins , better use fresh fruit , vegetables and beef to make it a balanced diet, and once you use such diets the bad tatse will likely to disappear.Good luck.

ive still got this taste mr iqbal, should there be anything serious to worry about? i feel fine. im guessing it just takes a while to get rid of it.

Sorry to be away fro some time.I think it will take some time before it will be all fine.Please never forget to do the tests i prescribed.And feel free to ask questions.If you are satisfied please press'ACCEPT" button.
Dr Iqbal i have a new problem. 4 days ago i woke up with a really painful neck / upper back! its been the same for the last 3 days, but today ive woken up and my neck / upper back is so painful! feels like a pain the the top half of my spine. and i cant really moove around much. I have poor posture, and i sleep on my side. any ideas how to get rid of this pain, or improve the condition?