Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If I smoked a week and a half ago, will it still show up in…

Customer Question
If I smoked weed a...
If I smoked weed a week and a half ago, will it still show up in my urine test? What can I do to keep it from testing positive?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/26/2010
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

The length of time that marijuana remains detectable varies from one person to another, as different people metabolize drugs differently. Marijuana is also affected by the frequency at which it is used. A single use of marijuana is detectable for 5-8 days. In a person that uses marijuana 2-4 times per month, it will be detectable for 11-18 days. In a person that uses it daily, it can be detectable for months. Therefore, if this was a single use, then you are probalby fine, but if there has benn recurrent use, it would be likely to be detected. There is nothing that has been shown to truly work to clear the marijuana from the body more quickly than the body naturally clears it..