Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Occasional shooting pain in rectum, can radiate to pelvic…

Customer Question
Occasional shooting pain in rectum...
Occasional shooting pain in rectum, can radiate to pelvic region. Happens day or night empty of full bowels.Have had colonoscopy and a number of other test done with no results. Pain can be a quick shoot lasting abour 1 sec, or come in a cluster lasting 5-10 minutes on waves.Very painfull and very annoying. Any advise or ideas??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Doctor: Doctor Marcus, Board Certified MD replied 8 years ago
Doctor Marcus
Doctor Marcus, Board Certified MD
Greetings. Is there any association with urination or having orgasms?
None,totally random as far as i can figure.
Has your doctor ever performed a digital prostate examination?
No, thats prbably the 1 test i havent had.Would that cause the shooting pain in my rectum?
It is certainly possible, especially since you seem to have had a thorough GI workup to exclude problems in that part of your body. Many times inflammation or irritation in the prostate can be felt as discomfort in the rectum or lower abdomen.