Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a weight lifting incedent about a year ago. through…

Customer Question
Hi, I had a weight...
Hi, I had a weight lifting incedent about a year ago. through heavy strain I seemed to have pulled a muscle in my anus or something but it didn't seem to be a big problem, I thought it would just return to normal, with time and be ok. In recent weeks I have noticed small amounts of blood when I go to the toilet and it got me a bit worried though it would not happen all the time so I let it go and kept an eye on it, but today the blood was much worse and when I inspected it in the mirror I noticed that when I contracted a bowel movement a small portion of that area would turn outwards. no pain or discomfort or anything like that, it just has me concerned, and being a private area I am more comfortable seeking an opinion online at the moment
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/25/2010
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Thanks for your question. I would like to have few details from you. history of diarrhea or constipation? any history of weight loss? any pain in the abdominal region?
slight constipation always when I notice blood no pain and rarley diarrhea
Thanks for your precious details. I have reviewed your history & symptoms in detail and come to the conclusion that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated and these are rectal prolapse, hemmorhoids, rectal polyps, anal fissure. First remember that blood in stools is a serious and alarming symptom and I will advise you to see your primary care physician or visit to ER for early evaluation and tests such as proctoscopy, complete blood count, stool culture, stool culture & analysis, abdominal scan. You will require to see Gastroenterologist for complete evaluation and some specific tests. Early examination is recommended and treatment should be done according to the cause identified. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
If you need more help or guidance please do ask for more clarification. If you are satisfied with the response then please do click accept in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed