Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had pain for 2 weeks in my left hip buttocks and down…

Customer Question
I have had pain for...
I have had pain for 2 weeks in my left hip buttocks and down my leg. I have had 2 adjustments by my chiropractor and have been seen by my DO who put me on muscle relaxers. It is not getting better and I am unable to get out of bed. My Do wanted me to go to phycial therepy. They don't want to work on me because I have Fibromyalgia. Help!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/25/2010
Doctor: Dr. Haroon Iqbal, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Hello and welcome to justanswer!

Is there any numbness down the leg with apin?

Any truama?

Any other medical condition?

Any investigations?
no numbness it just hurts. No truma, I have fibromyalgia
Thank you very much for your input.

Fibromyalgia is a condition characterized by pain. stiffness and tenderness of muscles.
Standard NSAIDS normally don't work efficiently in this condition.The best treatment for fibromyalgia is light exercise, stress reduction , avoidance from caffeine and alcohol etc.Along with that , some antidepressants like Prozac, Elavil and sinequan have good results.Cymbalta and Savella are two drugs that increase certain brain neurotransmitters activity and hence relieve stress and fibromyalgia.A local cortisone injection , use of LYRICA , and felxeril have shown promising results.For a detailed review for treatment modalities , please visit this link.
http://www.medicinenet.com/fibromyalgia/page4.htm#6whatis
Hope i have answered your question .If so please press'ACCEPT" button.