Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My ears drain almost constantly, it is getting to the point…

my ears drain almost constantly...
my ears drain almost constantly, it is getting to the point that even behind and around my ears are wet and chapped. they also seemed blocked alot
I have always had trouble when I fly
can I do anything at home to help?
6/25/2010
Dr. Chauhan
Dr. Chauhan, Doctor

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I shall be trying my best to help you as much as I can. Could you please help me understand your problem by giving me the following details:

1) For how long are you having this problem and how did it start?

2) Any skin conditions?

3) Any other symptoms/ significant medical conditions or significant past history?

4) Seen your doctor for this and what did he/she tell you? Any tests/ investigations?

Thanks. Shall be waiting for your reply.

about 1 year, started out blocked feeling, like they needed to pop and just go worse to the point that they drain alot

no skin conditions or significant medical conditions

no, I haven't seen a doctor, no medical coverage.

Thanks for the additional details. For this condition that has been troubling you for over a year now, I think you must check in with your doctor. Quite possibly we might be dealing with a condition called “chronic otitis media with effusion”. That said, there could also be some other possibilities that your doctor would be looking for once you check in, which you must, and these could be:

(a) otitis externa

(b) swimmer’s ear, etc

I hope that this information helps answer query. Best wishes. Please feel free to inquire if you have any remaining concerns/ doubts, as it shall be a privilege and a pleasure to try and help as much as I can.

Dr. Chauhan
Dr. Chauhan, Doctor
Thank You and Take Care!

Thanks. I think you have ignored your problem for too long and should get it checked up. OTC medicines will just keep delaying the visit to your doctor, and will not help in the long run. Before your condition gets aggravated further, a check and proper management will be advisable.

Best wishes & best regards.