Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

FEELING UNCOMFORTABLY BLOATED AND ILL EVEN WHEN IVE HAD

Customer Question
NOTHING AT ALL TO EAT...
FEELING UNCOMFORTABLY BLOATED AND ILL EVEN WHEN IVE HAD NOTHING AT ALL TO EAT EVEN IF I DRINK WATER WITH TABLETS
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Doctor: doctor_charles,
 replied 8 years ago
doctor_charles
Hello
From how long you have this symptom?
Is there any pain/discomfort in abdomen above navel?
Are you overweight?

about 2/3 weeks. yes i am overweight

Doctor: doctor_charles,
 replied 8 years ago
This is suggestive of gastritis.It is an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach.It is caused by a various causes like physical stresses, social habits, chemicals, and infections,excessive use of Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
To get relief from bloating,take antacid- Gaviscon.It contains alginic acid and sodium bicarbonate. The combination of the alginic acid and bicarbonate will create a a foam barrier which floats on the stomach acid,providing great relief from bloating
Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available without a prescription.Dont take fried,spicy,salty,chilly food items. This will help you greatly to keep bloating at bay.