Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If they do a blood test would they find out if you have

Customer Question
cancer...
if they do a blood test would they find out if you have cancer
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/24/2010
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

A blood test is generally a poor method for detecting most cancers. There are some blood tests that can indicate persons that are higher risk for certain cancers and should receive further evaluation, but that is only true for a small minority. Cancer is usually detected by using physical examination, imaging studies, such as mammography, specific tests, such as Pap smears, or procedures that allow the doctor to see the area in question, such as colonoscopy.

I've also had a dry cough for about 1 month it doesn't keep me up at night don't have a cold wat can it be and can coughing to much make your your throat swell

Chronic coughing can irritate the throat, but it is more common that the throat irritation and swelling is due to the underlying cause of the cough, such as allergies or infection.