Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Would they be able to determine if i have cancer in the

Customer Question
emergency room...
would they be able to determine if i have cancer in the emergency room
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/24/2010
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
This depends.
Why do you think you have cancer?
dt
i went to the er the other night they found a lump and diagnosed me with possibly a sebcutaneos cyst something like that, but i also have been to the doctor before that because ive been coughing both doctors said that it was ok but my cough has been on for about 3-4 weeks they took blood test and results came back fine. i took 2 hiv test both were negative 1 41/2 months and the about 1 week before 6 months would they be conclusive? and my left breast hurt my obgyn doctor said the same thing itz probably a cyst. i also smoke cigarettes si i dnt know i need to know
If the lump is in the breast it needs to be imaged with a mammogram, unless you just had a mammogram. OR, better yet, a breast ultrasound and fine needle aspiration can be done. If a cyst is painful, it should be addressed, in terms of management as well. They will probably not want to do this in the ER; it will have to be scheduled.

Hiv at 2 and 6 months should be adequate as long as you have been having safe sex.

Good luck
Hope this info helps
dt
Please click accept to give answer credit. Positive feedback the most appreciated. Bonuses most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only.
ok but can a cough last that long on and off
for any number of reasons.
A simple chest x ray would rule out nodules in the lung.
good luck
dt
Please click ACCEPT to give answer credit. Positive feedback the most appreciated. Bonuses the most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only.