Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am looking for a family doctor or pain specialist that…

Customer Question
I am looking for a...
I am looking for a family doctor or pain specialist that also deals with medical marjiania to help with my pain and blood pressure, in Las Cruces, n.m.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/24/2010
Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 8 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Do you have a registry ID card from the Medical Cannabis Program in NM?
No, not yet
You need to have one of the following 15 conditions to make you eligible for the medical cannabis program.
  1. severe chronic pain
  2. painful peripheral neuropathy
  3. intractable nausea/vomiting
  4. severe anorexia/cachexia
  5. hepatitis C infection currently receiving antiviral treatment
  6. Crohn’s disease
  7. Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
  8. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
  9. cancer
  10. glaucoma
  11. multiple sclerosis
  12. damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with intractable spasticity
  13. epilepsy
  14. HIV/AIDS
  15. hospice patients
Then your physician must certify that you have an eligible condition, that the condition is debilitating and can not be helped by standard treatments, and that the benefits of medical cannabis usage outweigh the detriments. For post traumatic stress disorder, a psychiatrist’s diagnosis must be included. For glaucoma, an ophthalmologist must provide the diagnosis. For chronic pain, you need objective proof of severe chronic pain (X-rays, CT scans, MRIs) and receive two recommendations, one from your primary care physician and one from a specialist consulting on your case. The program has 30 days to review your application starting from when the program receives your complete application. If the Medical Director approves your application, the program will issue you a registry ID card. Application forms are available online at http://www.nmhealth.org/marijuana.html or by calling(###) ###-####
Your medical provider must recommend medical cannabis for your condition and you must submit an application for the program with all the required forms. Any medical doctor (MD), doctor of osteopathy (DO) or nurse practitioner who can prescribe medicine in New Mexico can write a referral for the Medical Cannabis Program.
i do not accept your answer and i will not pay for it.