Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up this morning and felt like I had been hit in the…

Customer Question
I woke up this morning...
I woke up this morning and felt like I had been hit in the face. All day I have had tingling around the hair line and now it is radiating down in my neck. I work outside every day in the sun and heat. Please advise what I should do. I drink lots of fluids.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/24/2010
Doctor: Dr. R. Bora, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Hello, welcome to just answer and thank you for your question.

Do you feel you have an irritated, reddened skin from working in the sun?

Any pain on the face?

I am still available online to answer your queries after I get the above info.
still have pain in the face. No reddened skin from the sun.
WEll, i didn't get an answer so refund my credit card the $25.00
Please have some patience, I am still online to give an answer.

The pain and tingling on your face seems to be from mild sunburn injury. However, if the pain is severe, it could be neuropathic pain arising from nerve fibers.

Neuropathic pain often seems to have no obvious cause; although alcoholism, vitamin B defciency, facial nerve problems , diabetes may be associated factors.

For the painyou can take OTC pain killers like aleve or motrin along with an OTC H2 blocker like prilosec 20 mg. You should also take multivitamins as supplements daily for at least a month. If you continue to have your symptoms or they worsen, please consult a neurologist.

I hope my answer was helpful to you.Please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button to accept the answer. FEEDBACK and BONUS would be highly appreciated.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only.