Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I sweat so much when working outside my boots fill, my

Customer Question
clothes are sopping. My concern...
I sweat so much when working outside my boots fill, my clothes are sopping. My concern is the in ability to remain hydrated and the inability to protect my feet with proper work boots and socks. I am forced to wear polyester shirts and shorts, and coverd toe sandles. I am a landscaper. Hydration can require 3-4 gallons of water in 14 hours of work. I keep track of my weight loss and have lost as much as 15 pounds in 8 hours. Even with fluid intake. I am now 50 and the recovery time is getting longer. My question is: Is my body exibiting a conditiond response or does the body really require this level of sweatting. My coworkers are like camels, I cannot meet with a customer during the work day because of the sopping cloths.
Help...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/24/2010
Doctor: Dr. B., Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
has any tests been done for your symptoms?
are you diagnosed of any medical condition?
No testing beyond normal blood work. All systems work well. I am confused as to how much sweat leaves my body. In 45 minutes working in the heat on concrete, the ground around me os soaked. My work is like exercising, lifting, pushing, exposure to heat, etc.
Dear Parrish,

I am sorry to know about your excessive perspiration(sweating).

Based on what you mentioned,I will advise that you see a physician who can do a physical exam,serum TSH as increase thyroid levels may lead to similar increased sweating as you described.
There is also a possibility that your symptoms could be benign of no signficance,as every person has different number of sweat glands and different response to changes in temperaure,but to come to this diagnosis,we have to rule out other possibilities first.

Thanks

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button so that I may get credit for my work.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.

Dr.

I think I would like to seek another answer. Respectfully, ***** ***** a sports medicine or exercise physiologist would help me more.

Thank you

No issues parrish,

I am aware of a sports medicine doctor on this website Dr Pophalia,let me refer this question to him,

Regards
Relist: Not specialized in exercise physiology..
Not specialized in exercise physiology.