Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been having pain for the last 2 weeks in my forarm

Customer Question

I have been having pain for the last 2 weeks in my forarm area just above my wrist, its not hurting untill i do excessive movement such as picking up stuff and gripping stuff, it does not hurt if i rest it. I tried alieve gels, but does not work. do you have any suggestions
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 8 years ago.
If there's been no actual injury, this is most likely tendonitis. I'd suggest you get a wrist splint and use it for a week--you can take it off for showering, etc. If this hasn't resolved by then, you should see a doctor about it.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
well my work does not accept me to use a splint, so then what do i do. Is there any more powerfull med that i can use, or other means of healing
The antiinflammatories are fine. You can also try BenGay or Biofreeze. Unfortunately, the real treatment for tendonitis is rest and immobilzation.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

where can i get biofreeze at and, are there any side effects that would affect my ability at work. which one would you recomend to someone like me that uses my wrists and hands as a tool crib operator, lifting 20 to 40 pound vacuplates all day.

Biofreeze would be better, and it can be purchased at any medical supply/pharmacy. There are no side effects unless you have a local allergic reaction which is unlikely.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i could purchase them over the counter at either walmart or walgreens, but OVER THE COUNTER .. correct
it's nonprescription.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok, thank you very much for this, i realy appreciate your help. Thank you for your time.
No problem.