Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Took levaquin 750 mg for 3 days and noticed sleeping

Customer Question
problems, fast heartbeat and feeling...
took levaquin 750 mg for 3 days and noticed sleeping problems, fast heartbeat and feeling sick to my stomach. I stopped medicine 3 days ago and still have same symptoms. Will this allergic reaction to this med go away or what?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/23/2010
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Thanks for your question. I would say that these are side effects of Levaquin (levofloxacin) which you are having right now including fast or pounding heart beat, sleep disturbance and stomach problems. These are the common side effects and good news is that these are reversible and should be fine with in a week after stopping Levaquin. I will also advise you to see your primary care physician for complete evaluation and tests such as EKGs, complete blood count, CPK levels may be required. You can also visit ER in order to rule out any thing serious. Drink plenty of fluids and rest. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed